SBO is the premier school bus industry association in Ontario that represents all members with one strong, collective, professional voice. SBO is highly respected and called upon by government for industry advice and information. SBO represents all members in a cooperative and collaborative manner with the following:
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Transportation
- Ministry of Government Services
- Ministry of Labour
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
- Auditor General of Ontario
- Ontario Highway Transport Board
- Student Transportation Review Team (STRT) – Hon. Colin Campbell
- Numerous other provincial and federal agencies.
Competitive procurement has been a major focus of the association’s Board of Directors and SBO continues to meet with government officials to resolve the concerns of members. SBO also continues to build relationships with school board officials and transportation consortia across the province through a variety of ongoing efforts and initiatives.