Professional Instructor in Driver Education (P.R.I.D.E.) RECERTIFICATION Program
In response to the Province of Ontario’s emergency order, the P.R.I.D.E. Program has been cancelled for the time being. As you may be aware, all Signing Authority certifications which may be expiring in the coming months, can be extended by contacting the Ministry of Transportation Driver Certification Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to accept registration forms for April – November programs.
2021 Recertification Program dates are:
- February 17 – Cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- April 17 – Cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 8 – Cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- July 28
- October 13
- November 27
Additional programs will be scheduled to meet demand.
Pre-course form for confirmed participants:
Mandatory Training to Maintain MTO Signing Authority Designation
The Professional Instructor in Driver Education (P.R.I.D.E.) Recertification Program is a joint venture of the Ontario Motor Coach Association (OMCA), Ontario Public Transit Association (OPTA) and School Bus Ontario (SBO).
What You Will Receive
- Certification to maintain Ontario Ministry of Transportation Signing Authority designation (all program objectives must be met).
- Detailed advance course materials.
- All on-site course materials and support services for the duration of the program
- Individual participant objectives document.
- Review and evaluation of facilitation, presentation and instructional skills and techniques.
- Re-examination of the purpose and importance of learning objectives, lesson plans and adult learning principles.
- Review of feedback and coaching skills, and the proper use of audiovisual aids when training.
- Discussion of rules of the road; traffic laws and regulations; vehicle components; vehicle handling and control; driver behaviour, attitudes, respect and responsibility; sharing the road; perception and risk management customer service; emergency operations.
- MTO written/road test and Driver Certification Program (DCP) materials.
- Reference documents.
- Light lunch and refreshment breaks.
Who Should Attend?
Any Signing Authority (as designated by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Driver Certiﬁcation Program (DCP) who has received notiﬁcation from the Ministry that recertiﬁcation is required, and previous graduates of the regular (ﬁve-day) P.R.I.D.E. Certiﬁcation program. This program is intended for seasoned driver trainers who would like a refresher of the P.R.I.D.E. Program facilitation and instructional techniques/philosophies and are currently involved with instructing new or experienced drivers of large vehicles and/or within any type of vehicle ﬂeets. One of the objectives of this program is to encourage consistent instructional methods among all driver trainers regardless of the organization or discipline in which they train.
Prerequisite: Any Fleet Driver Instructor Certiﬁcation Program. This one-day course curriculum was designed to reinforce Signing Authority instructor qualities and to ensure continued high quality in the delivery of driver training. It includes 6-7 hours of advance preparation by participants, as well as on-site re-assessment of adult education competencies and principles as covered in the regular, ﬁve-day P.R.I.D.E. Certiﬁcation program. This program is a highly participative and supportive approach within the adult learning environment suitable for all ﬂeets.
- On-Site: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Advance course preparation: 6-7 hours
The program is conducted by experienced industry facilitators. Their highly professional approach and experience from the P.R.I.D.E Certification Program, reflects in-depth research based on behaviour modeling and developmental learning and incorporates an effective and proven instructional methodology and adult learning principles.
- $445.00 + HST per person
- HST Registration # R104001060
- Registration is on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis.
- Maximum of 12 participants per program.
- Complete one registration form for each participant attending and scan/email to: email@example.com or fax to 416.695.9977. Indicate “Name TBA” if the participant name is not known at the time of registration.
- Full registration payment is required at the time of registration form submission, by credit card number, scan/email or faxed copy of a cheque, or Purchase Order # (cheque must be received within two weeks of P.O.# and registration form submission). If payment is not received, the registration space may be forfeited. Payments will not be processed until the program is fully booked. A receipt for payment will be emailed when the registration fee is processed.
- Make cheques payable and mail to: Ontario Motor Coach Association, 320 North Queen Street, Suite 210, Toronto, ON, M9C 5K4.
Please note that the Professional Instructor in Driver Education (P.R.I.D.E.) Program is a pass or fail course based on each participant achieving all of the program objectives as outlined in the pre-course package sent to all participants.
In the event that a registrant is unable to attend, cancellations will be accepted in writing without penalty up to 30 days prior to program commencement. After that date, no refunds or transfers will be permitted, although an alternate name may be submitted for the same program. The Professional Instructor in Driver Education (P.R.I.D.E.) Program reserves the right to cancel or change a program should insufficient enrollment or other factors warrant such action, in which case all payments will be refunded.
Holiday Inn, 3063 South Service Road, Burlington, ON L7N 3E9, 905-639-4443